This is the place I find myself lodged this week.
I have several projects in my queue:
- Finish my novel before World Fantasy (Nov 1)
- Make my Halloween Costume (Oct 27)
- Make my fall jacket--Cream Corduroy, 3/4 sleeve with over sized collar by Colette Patterns (which I hoped to wear on Oct 31st)
- Finish sewing buttons on my Asymmetrical Purple Pinstripe 40s dress. (Oct 31)
- Piece and sew my Mustard 40s dress (Oct 26)
Last night, as I sat surrounded by little pieces of fabric, the brown tissue of the patterns and what was left of my willpower, I made the call. I will not be finishing the Halloween costume. I will not be working on the jacket. I MAY finish the Mustard dress but it's okay if I don't.
It's not okay if I don't finish the book. Just like that, priorities have been set.
Still, the unfinished projects haunt and taunt me. So know, if I can (meaning if I can do without a couple more hours of sleep here and there) I will finish the Jacket at least.....
PS: Did I mention I overslept last night? Methinks I push myself too hard....